Before you can get a fresh start, you’ll have to follow certain steps. If you qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you’ll be required to:
- File a Voluntary Petition in bankruptcy court in the federal district where you’ve resided for at least 91 to 180 days.
- File a list detailing your assets, debts, income and expenses.
- File a Statement of Financial Affairs, which discloses the past two years of your financial history.
- Appear at a meeting of creditors hearing 30 to 45 days after your case is filed.
- File a certificate verifying the completion of a mandatory financial management course.
While it may feel overwhelming to complete the process, your bankruptcy attorney will guide you every step of the way. Contact Deborah Brooks & Associates P.C. right now to get started in Oklahoma City or Lawton, OK.